Tuesday, February 2, 2010

kärlek (love)

Lately, I've been into Filipino contemporary works, written in the English language. So far, my favorite is Paz Marquez Benitez's Dead Stars. The story really shows what love can do to a person. Ang theme ng story nya ay parang "Bakit Ngayon Ka Lang" ng Freestyle. Hehehe.

Anyways, the plot is very good. For a short story, it was able to give a lot to its reader in not-so-many pages. This short story shows how real Filipino writers compose beautiful contemporary pieces. Eventhough it's in English, you can definitely tell it's gawang Pinoy. There's really something about Filipino works in English. I just don't know what it is.

I also feel attached to this short story, for some reason.

Maybe it tends to speak to my heart. What I'm going through. Well, not exactly. It's about love anyways. Love that you can never have.

Not all love stories end up like the ones we've read while we were young. Some might end up the couple parting their ways. Some stories may tell about love that can withstand time. Some stories may show how one person can move mountains for the sake of loving someone. Some love stories may show how one person can be so stupid. Some might even tell stories of love...that might be unreal.

When you love someone, you should tell them what you really feel. When you love someone, you should be sure of what you are doing. When you are in love with someone, it means that you should not be learning, or forcing yourself to love that person. Don't tell someone you love them if you know that it's not real.

May kanta nga pala si Taylor Swift. Fifteen.

There are some lines in that song that really hit me.


"Cause when you're fifteen 
and somebody tells you they love you
youre gonna believe them
 

and when youre fifteen
feeling like there nothing to figure out
well count to ten, take it in
this is life before who youre gonna be
fifteen"


Yeah... I know... In my case, I was 19. Hahaha. Ewan ko ba. Ang lakas ng tama ko kay Nate eh.

I guess, this is gonna be all for this day. I have to work out and bring sexy back when summer comes!

_____________________________________________________

I know this entry does not make any sense. I don't care. Nobody reads this blog anyways.

_____________________________________________________

I hope we can be together someday, Nate. I love you... Valentine's Day is very near... I wish I could spend it with you. . . Kahit sa panaginip ko man lang. . .

No comments: