Saturday, October 15, 2011

Vår Första Årsdagen

A few days from now, we'll be having our first anniversary. To tell you honestly, I didn't know that we'll last or even reach a year. We laughed. We cried. We had fun. Thought about our future. Held hands while sleeping. I sniffed your armpits. You smelled my morning breath. We're in love.


A few days from now, it's our anniversary. Luch, I love you with my whole soul. I breath because of you. I overcome obstacles because you inspire me to. This Shakespearean poem is for you. For us. One of the poems that best explains the power of love, and what it can do to people.


I read this sonnet to us, Bebeboy.


Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. 


There is no reason why people who are in love shouldn't be together. I'm in love with you. I would always stay for you. I am yours.


Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,


You always loved me for who I am. You whispered you loved my flaws for they make me unique. Someone special. Someone that's only yours.

Or bends with the remover to remove:


You love for who I can be. You're there for my failures, waiting to put me back on track. You love me for my achievements, simple or great. You love me even if I hurt you at times.

O no! it is an ever-fixed mark 
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;


You're my very own pillar. Strong and beautiful. We're still together though we had very rough times. We're still together even though at times we can't stand each other. We fight. But our hearts grow stronger as we surpass each problem. Each mistake. We learn. We grow.

It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.


You guide me. You inspire me. You carry me to places I never even imagined I could. I was myself. You teach me how I should act. How a man should act and always making me realize that I'm no longer a kid. We change for the better.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks 
Within his bending sickle's compass come:


This is also my 22nd birthday. And I've grown older. My youth is passing. But if this means growing old with you, I couldn't wait to have wrinkles. I'm now bidding farewell to my youth because I know you will always love me. Yes, I know.

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, 
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.


I'll never get used to looking at you. Specially when you smile. May crush pa din ako sayo hanggang ngayon and I'm not afraid to admit that. I know we'll do everything to keep this flame burning. Mahal na mahal kita.

   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved. 


And if Shakespeare be wrong about these thought of love, then he never wrote anything. And no person ever truly loved somebody.






I truly am in love with you. At hindi ako magsasawang sabihin sayo yan. Happy anniversary. I can't wait for the next anniversaries to come.

4 comments:

engel said...

love the new look!!! happy birthday and happy anniv sa inyo ni luch!!!

Gaspard said...

thanks engel! I'll post another entry when I'm no longer busy :)

Jepoy Dee said...

gaspard, so sweet of you to write an entry like this for your partner. happy anniversary. :)

Gaspard said...

thanks for dropping by jepoy! salamat sa pagbati :P